LEVEL 3- FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE (3 DAYS)
Learners must be 16+ and bring along valid ID (Passport, Driving license or ID card) and must bring 1 Passport size picture
Courses will be scheduled upon receiving the minimum10 learners per session and only 12 spaces available per course.
Courses take place every Saturday so book in advance to avoid any disappointment.
Courses will be delivered in house but can also be delivered on site.
Please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02074761111 for any specific requirements.
This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become a first aider. It covers a wider range of subjects than that covered by the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. It provides learners with the skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in higher risk workplaces or workplaces with an increased number of employees. Produced in aid of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982 purposes.
As this is a Regulated Qualification, an Employer who obtains training from our Approved Centre is not required to carry out any due diligence on the training provider in order to ensure the suitability of the training (HSE statement).
WHAT OCCUPATIONS SHOULD USE LEVEL 3- FIRST AID AT WORK?
FIRST AID AT WORK CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
- Construction and Building
- Forestry (see also our FAW Forestry course)
- High risk businesses
- Outdoor Pursuits and Exploring
- Any workplace where a higher level of training is required
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor in jury
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with a eye injury
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
- Administer first aid to a casualty suffering from major illnesses including;
- Heart attack – Stroke – Epilepsy – Asthma – Diabetes
The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
This qualification is made up of 2 Units, which are assessed separately:
- Unit 1: 2 Emergency First Aid at Work also form part of this assessment.
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
To Award this qualification the Learner must 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the MCQ paper.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a Level 3 First Aid at work (3 day) Certificate (Ofqual Regulated), ID card and a training manual.
There are no pre-requisites to enrol on this course however candidates must have the physical ability to carry out the procedures in this course.
Combine this course with a Fire Safety Course and Traffic Marshal course for discounted rates.