OLEC1: Access OLE Construction Sites
Learners must be 16+ and bring along valid ID (Passport, Driving license or ID card) and must bring 2 Passport size picture. Also candidates must bring National Insurance and Proof of Address.
Candidates must already have a Valid Sentinel Card with the relevant Medical and D&A assessments.
Courses will be scheduled upon receiving the Maximum12 learners per session.
Courses run once a month, so book in advance to avoid any disappointment.
Please contact us via email on email@example.com or 02074761111 for any specific requirements.
This course is a half day course which is classroom based. The aim of this course is to provide the basic knowledge required under OLEC 1 to access OLE construction sites safely and effectively for those who are directly or indirectly involved with OLE construction activities.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
- Understand the rules and regulations that are in force for required personnel to access overhead line construction sites safely and effectively.
This course is intended for candidates whose work involves accessing OLE Construction sites. It will provide:
- A basic introduction to OLE construction sites
- The technical terminology used when working on an OLE construction site
- The types of documentation associated with OLE construction sites and the recording and reporting procedures that need to be followed
- The general safety requirements for accessing OLE construction sites
- Candidates must be over the age of 16 and sponsored by a link-up approved railway company before undertaking the OLEC 1 course. This is a company who have been audited and certificated to supply workers to the Railway industry. The Sentinel co-ordinator of this sponsoring company will need to sign our course booking form to confirm their intent to sponsor you and supply their linkup site ID number
On successful completion of the course Candidates will be able to:
- Explain the limits of their personal authority
- Give a brief description of the main component parts of the OLE infrastructure
- Describe the main hazards and risks associated with OLE construction sites and activities
- Follow the safe access procedure
- Comply with the health and safety regulations
- Complete relevant records accurately and pass them on to the appropriate person
- Follow recording and reporting procedure's